Ferrari up to Thorpeness for a Lads day out. The car looking good still after cleaning it a week early. I put some fuel in it on the way and the cashier was amazed it was almost 50 years old.
I picked one passenger up on Woodbridge as arranged and we scooted up country until we came to a halt five miles from out first stop. Looked like heavy plant was moving to Sizewell. We got there last which was a little annoying, but here we all are.
Four very different cars again. The Nova, an Audi R8 V10 GT Spyder, an MGB and finally the Ferrari hiding at the back. 4/10/4/8.
The run up was slow from this point though on the back roads, but I have to say the Audi exhaust note was epic. We parked up at Thorpeness Cafe - well after 20 minutes trying to get the parking payment system to work with very little signal - we did.
We let everyone admire the cars too. An elderly lady seemed to like the Ferrari a lot and asked to take a picture of it - obviously we said yes. When we were leaving she left too - only to find a parking ticked on her windscreen ... was she distracted ?
Anyway we moved some of the cars onto the 'Shell' carpark and had a walk into town and back.
I tried to take an 'arty' show of the MG but it was not that good - until I did this with it.
All done we went our separate ways and I let the Ferrari off the leash on the bypass for a bit. It sounded great with both windows open - really showing off the Webers.
So Route 66 ? Actually the route was 66 miles.


No comments:
Post a Comment