Saturday, 15 August 2026

The Right Red ?

I went out first thing and checked under the car (again) and there was nothing dripping from the tank even overnight. We then parked on the field for the group photo. Lots of Alpines but I did not see a single other Series I.

It was when I was showing off the engine bay that I noticed the subframe was wet again. Ah. But I could not find an obvious drip ?

I took it easy on the drive out but the only time the temperature went up was during the slow maneuvering when we turned around twice. Then it cooled quickly in the airflow and we arrived with no dramas as we parked up amongst the moderns.

After the visit the subframe was still damp but there was also water left in the header tank too.

On leaving I spotted an old telephone box - just the right Red I thought and turned round to get a photo.

The run back was good as the weather was cooling, but the slight dead spot on the steering caught me out once as we changed direction. We also popped another 20 litres in the car for tomorrow. Dho - too much again. That's 4 gallons and it topped the tank almost to the brim.

Checking at the Hotel again though nothing seemed to be leaking but we'll see in the morning - this time I have two ends of the car to monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment