I started the day thinking how much work I do to the Alpine. Oh well.
Wheel off so I can get to the crack in the fuel tank. Oh but I forgot to empty the tank though. So I started on that.
The siphon/pump did the same as last time - got a gallon and a bit out and then the pump itself just gave up - so the tank is still basically full, what now ?
In the end it looked like a repair in solder had started to leak again so I use the metal filler and squished it into the gap as hard as I could and then put some more on top and then let that harden. It still seemed slightly weepy so I put another layer over the top of that and we'll see what happens next. Probably I'll just run for a few months with half tanks - but we'll see how we get on.
Next I wet dusted the Ferrari which came out very nicely - its always interested in just how much mucky water comes off - even with a car that looks clean. Anyway that done, windows done and back in the garage ready for tomorrow. (It turned out I was a week early - ho hum !).
Checking again and unfortunately, the Alpine is still in perceptively weeping - it is slightly wet on the filler so we'll see if we get any drips overnight. So my (vein) hope is that the drip is so slow that evaporates before it drips we'll see.
Then it was Van Time.

No comments:
Post a Comment