After a few domestic jobs I went to take the cover off the Alpine and decided it did need a quick detail after all - well it was only 7:45. Looked good when I moved it onto the drive.
We headed for the Sorrel Horse and to meet the Rapier Crew around 10:15 and it was already very hot, very sunny and nearing 80 degrees.
The run to the event was slightly slower than I'd planned as we were keeping to about 55 with the Rapier following. Plus we stopped at the Newmarket services (I always call them Cambridge Services but they are not). Chris' car was running very well too. So we made a nice convoy.
The final bit of the run was quite easy - if a bit torturous - punctuated with all the new roundabouts past Cambridge being installed from there to the Black Cat - when it is finished it will be much faster until they build all the new houses on the land they have now 'released for development'. The only excitement was when my cap blew off but luckily it was on a quiet stretch and I was able to go and get it. Phew.
We arrived in good time to find it already busy with cars.
PM we ran into St. Ives for a walk to the delight of a chap who admired the car a lot. Although I was more worried that the parking ticked would blow off.
We visited the Town museum which was vaguely interesting, but the only car related picture I found was for the New Wolseley 10.
On the way back I filled up with petrol - a little too much - so we'll check for drips in the morning.
Chatting later I got a tip on the tyres - try with 25 psi said Andy goldsmith.

No comments:
Post a Comment