Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Pick-up and Spruce-Up

MK7 to pick up the SAAB first thing - then once home I set about cleaning it.

First tyres - all needed air, then under the bonnet checking water (none) oil (a little) etc. What struck me though was the leaf litter under there.


By the time I'd cleaned both sides I had enough to fill the bucked to 1 inch. 


That done I gave the car a clean in the gutters before running it though the car wash and filling it up with petrol. I did spot another MGB (honest) but no way to take a pic.


Back home, I did the windows, door shuts etc. and then I cut and polished the bonnet. It was looking quite smart after that - if you ignore the multiple stone chips and rust on the wheel arches.

Then off to collect the top box.


Here we are - in Stutton again - so that was that.

But wait it is still sunny and there is time to take something for a run ... what needs it ?


Well, the Talbot had only been out once since the return from Gloucester more than three weeks ago - so it got released. The rattle from the dash had gone - although the door seems to be joining in again - but I'll count that as a success. The car went well and kept cool - I'd forgotten how heavy it is though and had to correct the path around a bend a couple of times.

Home again and packed away that was really that.

No comments:

Post a Comment