Thursday, 13 August 2026

Cleaning up - but not at Home

So off first thing with the loaded SAAB up country to Glevering.


Basically I was part of a team helping clean Chris' Rapier - and hopefully Tiger too - ready for tomorrow.

After a wash and chrome polished plus a wheel spa (that means scrubbing the white walls) it came up great.


After a drive in it during which it performed really well after the recent work we headed for lunch in the SAAB. Later I hoovered the carpets and we tidied the interior. The seats are falling to pieces underneath but probably an easy fix.

Less easy was the Tiger. In the morning it looked 50/50 as the fuel line was disconnected but progress was being made, but by the late afternoon check the odds had widened a lot. The new carb was in pieces, as was the old one and it did not look like it would be back together this week.


The car continues to look a little unloved too. Shame.

I jumped back into the SAAB and came home. I was too knackered to clean the Alpine - it's still looking good though but did work out how to pack the cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment