Friday, 28 August 2026

Packing on the Miles

The SAAB, us and all the gear (which seemed easier to pack) were off the the midlands almost exactly at 2:00.

The run was busy but fine but as we went West the skies darkened considerable although it was still very hot in the car. A quick change over at Kettering and off we went into the looming black clouds.

I noticed the car had just ticked over to 160,000 miles as I set off too.


Obviously I had to fake the pic but it was OK I thought as I was driving.

We hit bad traffic and the rain from the M6 onwards - but then it is a Bank Holiday Friday - oh and there is a Golf tournament on at The Belfry (or whatever) but we arrived in the dry.

Quickly unpacking and erecting the tent we were inside before the first showers hit. Finally complete by about 18:30

A quick late run for fish and chips and that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment