It was filthy. Even after two buckets of black water I could have done it again but I stopped there and whet back to the primary job - pottering with the Alpine.
First I stuck the window channel on (again).
The water was fine - even after the Norfolk run - and so was the oil. I also tried to stick down the dashboard top so we'll see how I get on with that.
I gave it a 'wet dust' after that, started it (first time) and left it for this evening.
PM I helped Nigel fit the tiny bulb in the gear selector panel. I'd guessed right and it came out easily once we undid the hidden screw.
The only issue was when I dropped a screw for the ash tray and it ran off inside somewhere to hide - but it is very well padded in there so it should not rattle.
I then went back to the Alpine and put small washers under each of the tonneau pegs to try to stop them coming loose again.
Next I looked for the rattle from the Talbot. The large wing nuts were both Secure but the face of the heater was rattling away like a good 'en, so I put some double sided tape on that to secure it.
Then there was just enough time for a run in the Ferrari - so off we went.
So then the Alpine off to the RGEA meeting. I've got to sort out the rattles - one from the door I think and the other the handbrake mechanism.
I was late and there were already a Tiger, Alpine, John's 30/98 and this Superb Rapier rally car there.
The run back was good too. The car liked the cooler air and we buzzed along in the dark about 60 most of the way - although I did jump over a big bump on the concrete section of the bypass which made me need to control the car.
Finally Nigel sent a picture of the gear selector - now lit up.
Very pleasing.


No comments:
Post a Comment