I started by giving the new garage door wood strip a bit of paint. That looked better.
The Aston was also looking good - even if it is misbehaving as the moment.
Then we started the main event - climbing onto the roof and clearing the garage gutters gutters. I moved on the the impossible gutter but had made up a new device which worked well - well OK.
PM - So the rain was holding off so it's time to get the imp out - it hasn't really had a run for a little bit and is still looking very clean.
So it was time to use it for a job - and collect two more gallons of petrol for the Aston. As I drove to the petrol station, I passed another Vintage car. It was Paul from the CVMC driving past - nice to see - they had had a lunch at Shotley.
What wasn't so nice to see was what it looked like smoke pouring out of the left-hand side of the cockpit as I drove off from the petrol station - was it really or was it just an optical illusion ?
I turned around quickly, came back down the ski slope and came home. There was a little bit of smoke from the oil catch tin when I opened the bonnet but nothing that would produce that effect - so I'll put it down to my fertile (worried) imagination.
Anyway - I topped up the Aston with the petrol and we'll leave it alone for a bit now.
That still left time for another evening jaunt so the Italian got another run out.
Still going well - although it does need another clean and more fuel - before there is none left in the country.



No comments:
Post a Comment