Sunday, 13 September 2026

Hill Climbed and Storm Weathered

So it rained quite a bit overnight - as predicted - so a very wet car greeted me when I went to warm it up first thing - well 7:03 AM.

It started first time though - there was no obvious water inside as far as I could see. I tried the lights and they did their trick of turning off all the electrics. I did find that the back leaks and therefore the water stains will be worse when it dries out again as it was quite wet.

No more rain fell on the way to the hill though and we got there in good time. I faffed about for a while and then we registered the car and 15 minutes later listened to the drivers brief and got ready for the first run up the hill.


After a short queue and 'interview' we set off. 

Here we are half way up. Then 1 min 25 seconds later we were passing the checkered flag. Most of the way in third then a change down at the very steep bit into second. Fun really.

After that we returned via the town and wondered around the site before the rain came back in earnest.

Sheltering in the Talbot Marque I chatted to someone who had driven his car down from from the North for me to see - did I forget to mention that ? However having looked at it in the flesh it was not as nice as TAS - and we sort of concluded no Talbot would be. Not even this Concourse winning one - although it is growing on me.


The one I was seeing did not even get a proper picture - it's the red one in the background.

TAS got dried ready and soon it was time for run two.


That was all in third gear - although perhaps the car cried out for second. Again was almost an identical time - perhaps 1 second quicker.

However that was that and we set off home at the top.

We'd agreed to take the M25 to speed up the run which in retrospect was fine - other than the rain, the leaks and heavy traffic.


We encountered torrential rain so got a but 'dripped on' but the windscreen seemed to clear itself so the (slow) wipers were only used a bit. At times the temperature went above 90 degree - but then I'd forgotten to remove the plaque from the front of the car. In fact if we went quicker the temperature seemed top go down.

We got back in about 2h 20 mins - although with the weather and the heat inside the car it felt longer. The car just shrugged it off and did not look as it it had even been out of the garage since the clean and polish on Friday.


263 miles and all is well - although so far we have found that the nearside window was a bit stiff and the inside at the back was wet ... However checking the oil we used none.

No comments:

Post a Comment