Friday, 4 September 2026

He Skids ... but Misses

Alpine first thing - well almost first as it was raining and not really encouraging me out to the garage. However we detailed the car which was surprisingly clean after Wobaston.

I then tried to stick the door rubber back yet again.

Next was the Van swap. However on the way I almost had a head on with another car which was racing through the lanes. Quite a long skid actually but we whispered past each other.

So I brought the wet Mk2 back home - but as I'd parked the Imp badly it will have to stick out slightly for a while.

PM after more admin I pottered about and put the Talbot back battery on charge - I also noticed I'd still got the tumble dryer in the SAAB boot.

Why not start the Aston I thought as I passed. So I did.


It started first time too - and a second time - so I thought I'd be safe to fill it up with petrol so went inside for my money. That was lucky as it then failed to start several times on the trot and whimpered into life at last. I just put it away and tried again. No way it was going to start. 

To add insult to injury I then got a txt from Vodaphone saying the fob battery was dying again.

Back on went the trickle charge and of course it was reading almost empty. I assume the battery was fucked by the dying charger so I will ask for it to be swapped out on the service - if I get it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment