Talbot prep today.
I washed the car first - it did not really seem dirty but the bucket of black water said otherwise.
Then a quick SAAB trip to pick up a vintage voltage tester.
Then back to the Talbot and the polish then the windows, which definitely did take much longer.
I also checked the water - needed almost none - and the oil - needed a pint. Odd as it has not really been using oil. However after putting it in the level did not seem to go up at all ? Looking at the car it might have been on a slope so I resisted the urge to add more and put the car away before checking the level again.
Then MK2 into town for hair cut - parked by the twin towers.
Back home I checked the Talbot oil on the flat - that was better - I added a 1/4 of a pint and called it a day. Looking at the Golf thought it deserved a clean.
So it got a clean. Then I did the windows - I even did the door shuts. I popped the cover on it as I suspect it won't get used for a couple of weeks now.
Next - the Aston. The charger was on green so I started the car, backed it out and added another 10 litres of fuel and put it away again. The charger was back to being on low battery health, climbing to four dots after a couple of hours.
Which is not that bad, but it's not what I'd expect.
However the day was not quite over yet. The SAAB out again - up to Harkstead to drop off a big bag of drugs.
Hold again I tested the Tslbot lights. Fine although it did that trick of cutting all power as the switch was moved over. Probably a bit of corrosion on the switch as it’s been unused all year.
So then we did stop.
ION: 25 years since 9/11 - when the Twin Towers were hit by two aircraft killing 2,700 people. That really was a start of the new Century.

No comments:
Post a Comment