Thursday, 23 July 2026

Merc Mechanic

As planned I helped Nigel with his Mercedes Bonnet lining first thing. 


It seemed to go on relatively easily and as the bonnet had a great device to allow it to go vertical, it gave us lots of space to work. After that just a short walk to look for a bit of exhaust that had fallen off the DKW - but we could not find it.

PM I pottered but did spend time filling up the low E-type brake fluid reservoir. 


Next I thought I'd look for the 'get you home' tool kit at Halfords.


I found a basic cheap one that even came in a nice soft bag. So I'll add tools to that.

Finally late run in the Talbot - just getting it ready for next week.

I noticed the temperature was a little high - and crept up when I put it away.


I suspect it needed water after the long run last weekend. So I'll check it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment