Friday, 31 July 2026

A bit of Everything

I swapped the Talbot batteries over first thing, but of course the other went green strait away. Good. 
Water was still fine and the oil just under the top of the dip stick so fine too. 


I primed the fuel pump (a bit too much ?) and the car started first time. Only to stall as I let the revs drop - but immediately started again. After warming it though I checked the tyres. I'd been using 32 all round but I found them 36 at the back and 34 psi at the front. I'll leave it there for now as I suspect that is what Polson set them at during the service ?

I wandered around doing the miles at the same time - spotting I'd forgotten to lock the Aston again, but pleased the new trickle charger was working fine.

Next was a wizz into town in the MK2.


Still looking kind of presentable. Coming back I'd forgotten the road was closed and had to cut though Woodlands. 


Which was getting grid-locked with all the vans. The roadworks are almost up to us now too.

After lunch I did more packing and then later decided the Aston deserved a run. That's dusty too.


Not that you can tell. Finally a Harkstead run for a quick job. The MK7 is even dustier.


Miles wise then ...

The obvious winner is the Alpine at well over 500 in the month thanks to the German jaunt. That was followed by the Aston at just over 160 - mostly the run to Grange and back if I am honest - then the 308. All the rest added up to c200 even including the SAAB, but not the MK7.

No comments:

Post a Comment